Ashley - Mesquite, Texas

I strongly believe in being a leader, which is basically the right to do and say whatever you feel. Some people fear to do what they want because they are afraid of what people will say and think of them but me I’m not I’m a 100% unique. I remember when I was younger around my pre-teen years when I was searching for myself I used to do stupid things but hey that’s apart of searching right. I spent most of those years following around the popular girls just trying to be in the so called “in crowd”. Yeah of course they welcomed me because I was just like them there was nothing that really separated me from the other girls. I dressed like them, talked liked them; I was just following their every move. Thankfully, that ended when I started getting into to much trouble when we arrived in high school. I was talking back to the teachers, skipping class; I was on a road to no good. Eventually they kicked me out and I ended up having to transfer to a new school Horn! I was overwhelmed with thoughts that I wouldn’t fit in and people wouldn’t like me. I admit I was scared. I knew that my first day there I would have to just be myself sense I didn’t really have anyone to follow. This was going to be hard but I had to do it for me. I thought hey I kind of just want to be myself for once. So my first day there I met Denikka and we hit off really good. Then before I knew it I was very popular everyone wanted to hang with me I was the center of attention It was great. I realized all I had to do is be lead and me not follow and I was good to go I loved it. This has been the best year of my high school life. I’m actually very proud of myself great job Ashley!