Tisha - Desoto, Texas

The Belief of Faith

A lot of people let their fears hold them back because of the lack of success they have, or the fact that they can’t please anybody. I have always been afraid that I’d never make it to where I am today, which is a senior in high school. I always procrastinated on my homework, and would wait to do my projects the night before it was due. My grades were always low, because I wouldn’t turn in the work. I realized that when I did my work, I would get better grades, and teachers would give me compliments and tell me how proud they were of me. I remember when I was younger, I always doubted myself in everything I did and thought negatively all the time, ”I can’t do this, because it’s to hard,” or “I can’t do anything right.”

After I started making better grades, I realized that when I work hard at something, the results come out to be extremely positive, and I didn’t know that before. At the beginning of my senior year, in my English class, we were assigned to write a paper. I have always had anxiety about writing papers ever since the start of my freshman year in high school. My teacher, Mrs. Barnard changed all that. I went into tutoring every day, and began to start working on it, and she made sure that I understood what I was doing throughout the process. The same thing happened to me in my math class. I never understood math. Again, I went to tutoring every day, and got extra credit, and it positively made my grades in math SOAR. With all that being said, I think you get my point.

Going to tutoring can really make a difference, no matter what class it is. I desire to become a teacher like Mrs. Barnard. Not only do I love kids, I love to see how their faces light up when they learn something new. I can relate to that because I was a kid once to, and I love to learn new things every single day. I believe through hard work, and pushing myself to do things that I know I can do. With my past experiences, and my extraordinary knowledge, I know I can and will succeed in my future.