LINDA - GRAND JCT., Colorado
Themes: Christianity

WHEN MY HUSBAND DIED AFTER A LENTHLY ILLNESS AND 24 YEARS OF BEING ABUSIVE, I WASN’T LEFT WITH MUCH. WE WERE LIVING ON THE DESERT IN A TRAILER WITH ELECTRICY BUT NO RUNNING WATER. I HADN’T WORKED IN 24 YEARS. THERE WERE TWO WONDERFUL CHILDREN WHO NEEDED TO KNOW WHAT A MOTHER WAS AND WE NEEDED TO MOVE FROM WHERE WE WERE. I KNEW I COULD NOT DO IT BY MYSELF, SO I WENT TO THE BEST PLACE I COULD THINKOF. I WENT BACK TO CHURCH. THERE ARE SO MANY TIMES MY CHURCH, IN ARIZONA AND HERE IN COLORADO HAVE HELPED ME IN TO NUMEROUS WAYS TO MENTION. MY RELIGION HAS SUSTAINED ME ON THE ROAD TO A DEEPER AND VERY FULLING FAITH. THERE HAVE BEEN MANY CHALLENGES IN MY LIFE IN THE PAST 15 YEARS. INCLUDING BRAIN SURGERY AND A CAR ACCIDENT THAT RESULTED IN LOSING MY HOME. A MOVE FROM ARIZONA TO GRAND JUNCTION, COLORADO. MY BIRTH PLACE. IT IS MY FAITH THAT SUSTAINTED ME WITH HOPE IN SEEMINGLY HOPELESS SITUATIONS. MY FAMILY THAT HAS GIVEN ME THE LOVE I NEEDED TO GO ON AND MY FRIENDS TO KEEP ME ON TRACK. WITH MY

3 F’S I WILL BE ABLE TO SURVIVE ANYTHING LIFE MAY HAND ME. I AM A SURVIVOR.