David - belmont, Massachusetts
Themes: environment

Global warming is probably going to change how we live in the future. People will look back and wish that our generation or the generation before had done something more, sooner. Of course, this is only one of the possible outcomes, but it is one of the probable ones. ( The other possibilities could range from very good or really bad.) I do think that if people try, they can stop global warming but they can only stop it. They can not take back all of the greenhouse gasses or rebuild the glaciers. I think that the most optimistic series of events would be that all global warming would stop as soon as possible. I guess that the question would be how soon that is. It depends on how soon the average person knows about and is doing something about his or her CO2 emissions. If each person did a little thing, like switch their standard light bulbs for the florescent kind, which are much more energy efficient, it could make a big difference. For that to happen the people who already know about global warming would have to tell everything to the people who don’t know about it. One way to do this is through school. I know that my school is doing this, but to make a difference people will need to know that it is a big problem and actually do something about it. I know my parents are not doing a lot to help and I do not think that a lot of other people are either. I believe that if everyone thought that they could make a difference they would. We obviously have a long way to go, and unfortunately, not everyone can see what we are doing to our planet and they don’t see where it is going. Personally, I can not see why they do not understand.