Marsha - Forsyth, Indiana
Themes: Christianity

cumstances, but in Our Willingness to Allow God to Use the Events of Our Lives to Create a Dependence on Him” –Henri Nouwen-

John 14:27

Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

One thing I have learned is that I don’t have to “get it”. Peace will transcend my circumstances. Dependence is something new for me—I am, if nothing else, independent; however, my circumstances have forced me to be more dependent upon others and upon God. Bending my will to God’s has taken a type of surrender that is difficult. I have begun to look at my plans as tentative-knowing God may have something totally different in mind. So, peace is often found in living in God’s present, while being open to an alternate plan if one is revealed.

God grants us peace for the present when we learn to depend upon Him. He designed us to need him. It is the way we are wired. As we become aware of our neediness, we become aware of His sufficiency. HE can meet all of our needs without ever tiring or running out of resources.

God directs us toward contentment. All things around us can be in turmoil and peace can still be found. That is a promise. “And the peace of God which transcends all understanding will keep your hears and your minds in Christ Jesus.” Philippians 4:7

By spending time with God, I begin to gain His perspective on my life. I love that. He longs for me to find peace. Not the peace the world gives, which is dependent on circumstances, but real inner peace which transcends circumstances.