Allyce - Logan, Utah

I am one of the elite. I join the ranks of some of the most important people in world history; Joan of Arc, Alexander the Great, and Ramses II.

I stand in the midst of presidents and Prime ministers alike; Gerald Ford, Ronald Reagan, George Bush Sr., Bill Clinton, Margaret Thatcher, Ehud Olmert.

I stand in the midst of our favorite celebrities; Jim Carey, Matthew Broderick, Sarah Jessica Parker, Angelina Jolie, Dick Van Dyke, Morgan Freeman, Tom Cruise, Tim Allen, Julia Roberts, Pierce Brosnan.

I stand in the midst of famous talk show hosts; Oprah Winfrey, David Letterman, Jay Leno; sports stars such as Steve Young, Ken Griffy Jr., Babe Ruth, and Barry Bonds; musicians including, Jimi Hendricks, Ringo Starr, Phil Collins, Sting, and Martina McBride.

I come from a long line of people who have made drastic advances in their fields; Buzz Aldrin, Benjamin Franklin, Henry Ford, Bill Gates, Thomas Edison, Richard Simmons.

Okay, so I’ll level with you, every group of people has some they’d rather not have to include, for me it includes, Fidel Castro, Abu Musab al-Zarqawi, Osama bin Laden, The Boston Strangler, Jack the Ripper. Even though these people weren’t always the greatest, you’ve got to admit they are pretty smart they were some of the greatest criminals ever, experts in their field.

I am ELITE, for I am LEFT-HANDED

Left-handed people are one of the most discriminated against people in the world. Sinistromanualism is alive and well in

our schools,

our speech,

our lives.

When is the last time one of you righties picked up a pair of scissors and upon returning to your desk figured out that they were for lefties. Never!

Our speech: I would like to suggest a slight change to your vocabulary. Instead of saying, “That’s right”, to be politically correct, you should say “that’s correct”. After all, you wouldn’t want to upset 10% of the population now would you.

Our lives: the cars we drive, our computer mouses, can openers, coffee makers, and the above mentioned scissors are all made for righties.

In Les Miserables, Victor Hugo writes, “the left-handed are precious, they take places which are inconvenient for the rest.”

Lefties are almost used to discrimination. In Japan, a man could divorce his wife if he found out that she was left-handed. The Inuit people believed that left-handed people were sorcerers. Until recently, lefties were though to have a lower life expectancy than righties. (This is untrue).

There are two opinions of why people are left-handed:

First: Everyone is born right-handed; only the greatest can overcome it

Second: Everyone is left-handed until they commit their first sin.

You can choose either option, they both sound good to me.

A very wise (anonymous) person once said.

“Of course there are more right handers than left handers; you need to create many rough drafts before the masterpiece.” How true that is.

In closing, God created a few perfect people, the rest are right handed

Face it righty, we’re better than you.