Peyton - Dallas, Texas

I believe in the simple pleasures of life, nothing cliché like a smile or the wind blowing on a perfect day- It is something much simpler, you’re surrounded by it everywhere you go. I believe in trash. Dumpsters have provided me with years of entertainment throughout the past five years, day and night. I recall the nights of me and my best friend crusing the urban sprawl of Dallas, just looking for the perfect dumpster. We would spend countless hours dumpster diving-preferring to spend our high school years hanging out of the dumpster at Target rather than hanging over our toilet bowl at some frat party. Every new dumpster brought new treasures, ranging from antique 70’s lamps to discarded sexual lubricants. We felt that we were historians, searching to comprehend the extinct species of north Dallas middle class. I recall a memorable night we jumped into a dumpster and heard a million voices saying “I love you mom”, “happy holidays” and “merry Christmas to all” echoing through the steel walls of the dumpster, we hit the jackpot. Apparently after the holiday season this particular store threw out 100 plus talking Christmas ordinates. I’ll never forget the look on my mother’s face we she walked up to our adorned faux Christmas tree and heard my voice echo the words “I hope you choke on the Christmas turkey” through my talking dumpster-retrieved-talking-chirstmas-ordimant. Next time you see a dumpster, don’t be afraid- it’s all about the simple pleasures