Monique - phoenix, Arizona
Themes: Christianity

God Exists To Me

“Do I believe that God really exists?” Although I can’t see Him, I believe he is very real. I knowing that faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things we can not see. I had to learn to walk by faith not by sight, even though I go through trials and tribulations in my life time.

Before I realized God exist I went through life feeling very alone. I would make decisions on my own without seeking Him first. I felt that I didn’t have purpose in my life. I slowly began a closer relationship with God through a tragedy that took place in my life when I was 22 years old. My mom was in a fatal car accident Sept.4,1997, leaving me to care for my siblings who were 3,17and 19. I was very angry with God for taking our mom away like a thief in the night and leaving me with all the responsibility. I felt empty, alone and confused about how I was supposed to trust in God after he allowed such a horrible thing to happen to my family. As time went on, I began to pray. I felt a calming spirit come over my body and mind. I knew at that moment that God was with me and would help me with my pain and sorrow. I then chose not to be alone and I had a burning desire to seek Him more diligently.

I believe God answered my prayers because I called on Him. I was always told as a child if I acknowledge Him and invite Him into my heart, he would direct my path. I had always questioned if there was a God and if so, could he reveal himself to me? I had little faith which prevented me from moving forward in life. I discovered over the years that God had sent his spirit to give me comfort, to build me up, guide me, bring spiritual gifts and help me pray more effectively. I always remind myself that God never promises to remove us from our struggles although he does promise to change the way we look at them.

Every time I fly on the airplane, I look down from above at the earth admiring, how perfect each mountain is shaped, the lakes, rivers, oceans, trees, and God’s many other creations. Everything looks so perfect. I know there has to be a God; man could never create something so perfect.