Gregory - La Grange Park, Illinois

I believe that everyone can learn to appreciate music. As human beings, we are blessed with a couple things that help us get through life. One of those things happens to be music. Who would have thought, that one form of entertainment could reach the hearts of people everywhere. And you know what the best part is? There is no one in this world that dislikes music. I dare anyone to step up and tell me they dislike music. It’s impossible. You may be one of the people who dislikes today’s music, but there are decades and decades of music that is worth listening to. There’s always something you’re going to enjoy.

The reason I know this so well is because of one simple reason. I am addicted to music. I play in a band and I have a great time creating music as well as listening to it. I can truthfully say that I listen to music every day. Music is one of my best friends, and it’s a gift that keeps on giving. You could be one of those people who likes the heavier music, or you could be one of those who enjoys lighter music. As for me, I’m an alternative kind of person. I listen to what I like, and it makes my days go by easier. Another exciting thing about listening to music is to attend a concert. Despite what people think, attending a concert is more than paying 30-60 dollars for a ticket and getting your eardrums blown out. It’s a truly inspiring feeling. Getting together with complete strangers who share your passion of music is completely exhilarating. I’ve been to a couple concerts myself, and I am yet to be disappointed.

Music is just one of those things that make life better. It’s proven to be healthy to the mind and the soul. There are stories of women playing classical music for their babies while still in the womb. It may sound bizarre, but what isn’t these days? The harmonies and lyrics of all music can be powerful enough to make you want to cry, and to make you laugh. It unlocks your emotions, and can remind of you of your memories, whether good or bad. I believe that people can learn to love music. If the world was without music, life as we know it would be completely different, among other things.