Elena - Western Springs, Illinois

What Goes Around Comes Around

I believe that one’s actions create the pathway for the rest of their life. If I do good deeds, then good things will happen in my life. I believe that what goes around comes around.

If someone has a negative outlook on life, then by only seeing the negative parts in life, and doing bad things, then they will find that life is bad. But if another person has a positive outlook on life enjoys it and does good actions, then they will live a happy and healthy life. From meeting people in middle school and high school, I have seen many examples of the idea of what goes around comes around. And through my own experiences in life, I really do find that if I do something bad, then something bad will come my way.

There have been many instances in my live that defiantly follow “What goes around comes around”, but one stands out the most to me. Two years ago, my grandpa became very ill. My mom told me to pray for him and his health every night. Some days here and there my mom would tell me that my grandpa was doing better. When she would tell me that, I found it interesting because it seemed that he would always be doing better the day after I prayed for him. Some nights unfortunately, I was busy and I had forgotten for pray for my grandfather. To my surprise, after forgetting about my grandpa, I heard from my mom that my grandpa was doing worse or he wasn’t feeling any better. When I heard news like that I felt guilty like his health was my fault. I knew it really wasn’t my fault, but seemed like it because when I didn’t take the time to pray for him, he later felt worse. Even though I ended up praying a lot for him and he seemed to be doing better more often, he ultimately died.

I realize that what happened two years ago involving my prayers and my grandfather’s health was all a big coincidence, but I like to think that what happened has to do with the idea of what goes around comes around. I like to believe that I had the power to make a difference in my grandpa’s health. I think that by believing this, I am setting my self up for how I will behave in the future in positive ways. By believing that all of my actions will eventually come back to me, I am giving myself guidelines for the rest of my life that will hopefully lead me to do good actions toward others and life. I believe that what goes around comes around.