Leah - Albuquerque, New Mexico

I believe that this world is much more than what the television portrays the world to be. For many years I have watched the T.V. show “The Real World”. The show is about a group of kids who live together in a house for a couple months and just live their lives; it’s about the real world. Different seasons they live in different places and have really cool houses and really cool jobs. But all they show is drama, partying, drinking, and having sex. The real world is not like that. I am more than drama, partying, drinking, and having sex. I am Leah and I am real.

Yes, I am talking about how bad the show is and how the world is portrayed in a wrong way, but yet I still watch it. I know I’m saying that I’m against the fact that this show is false advertisement but there’s something about the show that really intrigues me, and wants me to watch more, wants me to know what’s going to happen on the next episode. I’m not sure what it is that makes my eyes fixed on the show every Monday night but whatever it is I’m there at 11 o’clock watching the new episode. I’m not sure if I like the show because they make fools of themselves when their drunk or if the guys mocking the gay guy in the house or if the guy or girl is cheating on their loved one back at home. All I know is that there’s something about the show that leads my eyes to watch more.

The real world is not just about drama, partying, drinking, and having sex, it’s more than that. It’s about waking up every morning and seeing a new day. It’s about your life, your boyfriend or husband, your girlfriend or wife, your kids your job; it’s about that kind of stuff. I wish that people around me would not view me different or look at me like I’m just a girl who drinks and has sex but that they would look and see that I am simply a girl who has a great family, friends, and a loving boyfriend. But when they look at what’s on T.V. about “The Real World” they will view me that way.

I believe that this world is much more than what the T.V. portrays me to be. I am more than drama, drinking, partying, or having sex. I am Leah and I am real.