Anna - 97225, Oregon

“The Meaning of Friendship”

“A faithful friend is the medicine of life.”—Apocrypha. There are many lessons I have learned in my life but the greatest lesson of all was the lesson of true friendship. I have had many people in my life who I thought were the greatest friends turn out to be the worst of all. Many lied, many betrayed, and many broke my heart. From these experiences I have learned what true friendship really is and what it has come to mean to me in my life.

True friendship is the deepest most unconditional love there is in this world. True friendship does not see inadequacies; it embraces flaws and grows from failure. True friendship bends every direction; never breaks or runs its’ course. It protects, nurtures, heals and gives the best advice. A faithful friend is truly the medicine of life. I know all of these things because I have found my best friend, the friend I will look at old pictures with when our bones are brittle and our brown hair has faded to gray. Not even the most beautiful words could express all she means to me and how much I truly love her.

I believe in having a best friend…someone to grow with and experience life with; through thick and thin, a love that never goes away. True friendship is one of the most precious blessings in life. This I Believe.