Ray - Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

I grew up during the late 40s and early 50s which gave me the priveledge of having contact with the traditions from the past two centuries. The most important thing that I learned from those traditions was to have a longer term view that embraced an expectation that things would eventually get better. The idea that partisan politics would eventually lead to an act of true statesmanship, that corporate greed would give way to paternalistic management or at least enlightened self interest, that hard work and commitment to a company, relationship or other interest would eventually result in recognition and reward. This belief has not always guided my life, there have been periods when I have forgoten about this seemingly imutable law, but when times are hard, like they are now, it has given me hope to carry on.