Eli - 07746, New Jersey

Dear Mr.President,

Hello. My name is Eli. I am 11 years old and I live in the state of New Jersey. Over the years I have been reading the news ever since my parents have put Cnn.com as the homepage online. And Every year I get more interested. But that is not the point.

The first political issue I want to discuss is Iraq. I totally would have done the same thing when I saw Saddam Hussein for the first time. But that was when I was in 2nd grade. But now I am in 6th grade. I remember the day that the troops captured Saddam. But today, this is getting too wild and violent. When the Iraqis formed a new government, this whole thing should have stopped. Why are you putting more troops in Iraq? It is only making it worse. I just want less people to get hurt. War is not the only solution.

The last thing I want to discuss has to do with the whole world. I wanted to talk about global warming. A few days ago I did not care for it. But then it appeared my mother had a certain movie on hold. She wanted the movie called “An Inconvenient Truth”. At first I thought it was kind of confusing, but then it really made sense to me. Albert Gore, as you know was the director of this movie. He said that when the polar ice caps melt, so much of the Earth will be flooded.

I also have to ask you another question. Somebody had told me that you said “Our business in America is more important than our land.” I don’t know if that is true or not, but I would hate if it was. Why would you think Americas business is more important than the land. You cant have a business without the land.

Thank you for reading this letter. I hope it can make a change in the world.

From,

Eli XX

(Ps: How come you did not sign off the Kyoto agreement?)