Brittany - Norman, Oklahoma

I believe many different things in life that make me happy. The first of these is my belief in antisocialism. I consider this to be my “me time.” This is my time that I take to myself when I am not in class or hanging out wit friends. I just sit at home and do nothing. To many this sounds boring, but I think of it more as peaceful and relaxing quiet time. Since I am so busy with school and my 8 month old daughter I barely have any time to myself because I am always busy. I like to have time to organize my thoughts, reflect on life and many other personal things. Without me being antisocial every now and then I would go crazy!! I would never be able to keep anything straight in my life without a little down time to myself. Another belief that rules my thoughts is always feeling a sense of accomplishment. It doesn’t matter if I go grocery shopping or finish my homework early, I just like to feel like I have accomplished something. I am a very organized person and I make a lot of lists. When I finish a list of things that I have to do, I can not even describe the feeling of joy that I have. I literally feel on top of the world like I have done something magnificent. I have always been like this, even as a child. It just makes me feel good when I accomplish little things. The last thing that really rules my everyday thinking is appreciating the little things. I have a specific story for this belief. One day, I was at Wal-Mart and I bought some dishes and pots and pans and when I bought them I was so happy. I was unusually happy. I bought some other things like throw pillows for my bed and couch and some decorative things for my apartment and I was so excited. I really did not know why I was so happy. But I thought about it later and I figured out the reason why I was so happy. It was because I was establishing my independence from my family. I had lived with my family all of my life and my parents were very protective and did everything for me. Buying those things for my apartment was something that I was doing on my own. I also really love to try food recipes because I love to cook. To me, these are all signs that I am growing up and creating a life for myself and being the baby of the family that makes me feel good. So whether its buying something on sale, or hanging out with my mother for a day, or even playing silly games with my daughter I have learned to cherish every little moment in my life that brings me joy. This has made me a much happier person.