James - Dallas, Texas

Walking through the orange groves with my father. With only the sounds of nature surrounding us. The hum of the bee’s as they create a hive, the whisper of the wind through the trees and the sharp tangy smell of a freshly cut branch. I chose to hope that this will always be here though I know it not. Every year a new disease, a new disaster, yet always more people moving into the land. Once upon a time America was renowned for growing food. However times change and I know I must except this. Now Florida is not known for growing citrus but for T.V. shows like CSI:Miami. But despite how much reality might change, I still hold the memories and experiences from the groves in my heart. This I Believe, I hope, I trust, that I will someday be able to have my kids run through the rows of trees, much like I did once upon a time.