Analena - Durango, Colorado

I believe. I believe in me. In the person that I am, in the person that I am not, and in the person I can become. I believe, despite my flaws and shortcomings, that I am worth something. That I can do great things.

Ever since I was little, maybe around six or seven, I have wondered- what if I am meant to do something more? To go that extra mile, to take that extra step, to make a legacy? What if I am here to change the world? Now, whether these are normal thoughts for a pre or elementary school child to have, I suppose I will never know. The point is- I thought them, and I believe that I thought them for a reason. My legacy has already begun. Are you ready for me?

It’s true, I may not alter society, but I may be an influence upon someone else’s world. In fact, I believe I’ve already left my mark on quite a few people, and there’s only more to come. By being true to who I am, an individual like no other, I have touched many. The amazing thing is that everyone, no matter how big or how small, or how popular or how outcast, influences someone else sometime in their lifetime. We can all do great things.

The most important aspect of being the best you can be is to truly believe. To have faith, to have hope, to have the determination and the notion to strive for your very best. In doing so you will have the self esteem, the self satisfaction, and the charisma that draws people in. Those who are great, truly great, are those who are themselves and no more. These are the people we admire, the people we remember: the ones who strive to be the best they can be. That is why I believe. That’s why I believe in me. I am myself, and no other, and for that, I am grateful. It gives me the confidence to become the best person that I can possibly be.

I may not become a famous actress or a pro athlete, a government official or an executive of a major corporation, but I will make my mark. Through God’s grace, I will be great. This I Believe.