Samantha - Durango, Colorado

One thing that I believe in is that I came on earth to learn. Everyone learns something new everyday, hence the cliché. Even at my young age I have endured greatly.

At the young age of three: My mother started being abused by my father and my mother and I ran away to another city and state. I already learned of disappointment and witnessed the reality of life. People I loved and had known disappeared in that year. The situation turned me quite solemn. But in the long run I learned to always look up, look at life positively, how hard it may be, and without a doubt keep your head up.

Everyone that I know has a story similar, where they learned a difficult lesson somewhere in their childhood. With this I also believe everyone endures greatly. Sometimes when I’m caught in the blues, I wonder how it is for those people with perfect lives, but actually all of those Dick and Jane’s are just imaginary.

I never want my life or myself to be perfect, for what would the lesson in that be. I want to learn the most I can in this life, it will only make me stronger, wiser and in hard times I have learned who I am. Without the bad, I would never appreciate, love and cherish the good. I take every death, punishment and regret as another challenge that I can overcome.

Everyday when I’m in what you could call “ a good spot” in my life, I pay attention to every small hardship, and watch them slowly build. Usually it will end in a good, hard lesson that I was destined to learn. And once the small problematic situation has happened, I take it one step at a time, or even a second at a time to recognize the situation and eventually grow from it.

So, with my beliefs I face the world everyday ready for anything that could come at me. I came on earth to learn, this I believe.