jake - canaan, Maine
Themes: sports

Hunting Family

I believe that hunting can be a very important part of who a person is. Many people dislike hunting, but many of them have never tried it or don’t realize the characteristics it can give a person in the long run.

Hunting is a long-lived tradition in many families, and many people feel the urge to further the tradition for the next generation. As a young adult who has grown up in a hunting family, it means a lot to me to get out there with family and friends each season and share our experiences with nature as we go on our journey for the legendary “BIG ONE!” This time spent together is time I will never forget. It has built indestructible bonds with my friends and family and furthers my ability to be self-sufficient in the woods.

I also believe hunting is important because it reminds me of the balance of nature. This is how we were truly intended to live, at the top of the food chain, and we must help balance it or it will not work now. We have made so many wilderness areas into urban areas now that without correct animal control there would be too many of some animal’s populations. It would get out of control and cause many problems, many farmers would