Leah - Green Bay, Wisconsin

I believe that singing is essential to living. At least in my case. I cannot go a day without singing whether it is in the shower or in my choir or my show choir. It is impossible for me to go a day without singing out loud. I can’t even imagine going a day without having at least an hour to sing and have a moment where I feel at peace. Without music in my life I would surely not be the same person that I am today.

Everyday during second hour at school is my choir class. It’s the one area of the school that I feel most at home. When I walk into the classroom I get a sense of creativity and excitement. I don’t think that people really understand what magical things can happen in a choir room. Most think that all it is a few kids hitting some notes and singing some music from a piece of paper. But to me it is so much more then that. It is amazing how we can go from not knowing a piece of music at all to all of a sudden we are bringing that piece of music to life. It’s almost like magic.

Music has a way of taking you out of the ordinary and placing you into a world of mystery and wonder. Some music puts you into a happy go lucky mood while others are cold and dark. I love the emotion that is put into music and how any one person can have a completely different outlook on a piece then someone else has. Music is just one of those things that has no definition and can be expressed in so many ways.

I am in show choir at school and that is what really put the love of music into my heart. When I’m on stage performing our songs I get such a sense of accomplishment and enjoyment. And to add to the singing we get to dance, which is another love of my life that I couldn’t live without. I love giving the audience something to enjoy and be spiritually involved in. It’s the greatest feeling in the world.

Singing is not just something I do it is something I can’t live without. Music is a part of me and is probably the biggest part of me. I would truly not be the same person without it and I don’t think I would want to be that person. Singing and dancing is my passion and I hope it stays that way for the rest of my life.