Leah - Green By, Wisconsin
Themes: setbacks

I believe that relationships today are failing due to the society we live in. I feel that people are using excuse after excuse to get out of relationships or excuses to not even get into relationships. I believe this is due to what the world has been teaching us. That imperfection is a bad thing. I feel that when people say that they can’t find the right one it is because they may be missing the opportunity to find the right one. People today I feel are way to picky. When women and men find the tinniest flaw they flee the relationship. They don’t even give the relationship a chance because heaven forbid their significant other have a flaw. To me flaws are beautiful. I love not being perfect. I enjoy making mistakes because quite frankly those are usually the funniest moments in my life. If someone doesn’t love me for my imperfections then they are not worth my time.

I think people are forgetting that no one is perfect. A knight in shinning armor is not going to save you and then you live happily ever after. People are forgetting the important aspects of relationships. Today all you hear about in the news and all around is how everyone is divorcing or breaking up because of an affair or just giving up. No one stays together anymore. It’s very rare to hear of a very happy couple. The world has turned up side down. People are losing hope of ever finding the one for them because even if they do chances are that they will end up hurt and out of yet another relationship.

Even through all the trials and tribulations I still feel that there is hope of finding the “right one”. I am not a judgmental person and I feel that imperfections are very essesential to a successful relationship. I know that in this day and age it is difficult but I’m up for a challenge. I am not going to give up just because society is so messed up. There has to be more people like me who feel this way about our society. We need to wake up and realize that this world we are living in is not working. Everything is messed up. We have completely side tracked from what our generations before us preached. We need to get back on track.