Trent - Charleston, South Carolina

I believe

I believe in the greatness of the individual, and that I am in this world for a purpose; that purpose being to put back into life more than I have taken out.

I believe in the integrity of other people, assured that they try as hard to follow the gleam even as I.

I believe in the gallantry of older people, whose seasoned experience and steadfast devotion has preserved for me the precious heritage of the past.

I believe in the magnificence of the past knowing that without its storied wealth, I would possess nothing.

I believe in the challenge of the future, fully realizing there will be no future except that it comes alive through me.

I believe in the contagion of health and that I can spread it through cheerfulness, wholesome habits, sensible expenditures of energy, and wise use of foods.

I believe in the nobility of work as the creative expression of the best within me, and as my share in easing the common load of all.

I believe in the enrichment of play and laughter as a means of cleansing my body of staleness and my soul of bitterness.

I believe in God who justifies all these beliefs. He is the still small voice within ever urging me towards the unattained. Since He cares for these things, I believe that not even death can steal these precious possessions from me; and whatever more I believe is entwined in those precious feelings that are too deep for words.