John - Sullivan`s Island, South Carolina
Age Group: 65+
Themes: Christianity

I believe that this Open Letter should be sent to and answered in a public fashion by Bishop Gene Rorbinson of New Hampshire.

I am writing this letter in hopes that we can prevent a futher splintering of the holy catholic church in which we both believe. I know you are a dedicated and a sincere believer, but you are well aware of the personal problems you face and which are destructive to the unity of the Episcopal Church in the USA. I would like to propose to you that you offer your resignation as a bishop, on the condition that the separating churches will return to the fold. This would prove your personal courage and humility, which are so important in Christian theology. If this comopromise proves futile, it would at least show good faith and a dynamic faith in the future of the one holy catholic church.

other members of Episcopal churches in the USA may sign on to this statement, if they believe such an offer wouold be in the spirit of Christ himself.