Irina - Hollywood, Florida

THIS I BELIEVE

I believe in the choices we make every day.

For years now, I was feeling uneasy when having to make a decision.

Whatever was in front of me, I struggled.

I struggle thinking about preschool for my son.

I struggle thinking about having a vaginal birth after a C-section.

I struggle thinking about looking for a job part time, full time or staying at home with my children.

I struggle thinking about the next vacation, what airline to choose, price over convenience.

I struggle when thinking about moving. What neighborhood would be best for our young family?

I struggle thinking about calling my old therapist and not needing her enough.

When I think now about all the struggle I put myself through, I realized that no matter what path I would decide, I would always be able to make corrections

I still struggle everyday to believe in myself, but I know that the struggle it’s worth the price we have to pay to see ourselves in the mirror and like what we see.

My son is already 13 and in gifted program at school. I had two more kids

I had two vaginal births after a C-section

I took lots of vacations.

I called my therapist and saw her for years.

In the process I thought that I wasn’t making decisions and always seemed that the decision choose me instead.

But now for better or worst this is who I am, this is who I became and I choose to write this statement to remember that, everyday, every decision we take, make us who we are and we better be more conscious about it, because we would have to live with ourselves for the rest of our lives.