Alexander - Boulder, Colorado

Develop a good conscious

I consider myself a good person but I find it hard to do the right thing at times. I believe that doing what’s right isn’t always easy. It may not be the most fun decision, but if you have a good conscious you will make the right choice. I think everyone makes wrong decisions, but only the smart people learn from their mistakes. There are people who don’t realize that they are wasting their lives making wrong decisions. I’m not saying I’ve never made a wrong decision because I certainly have, but what makes me different from other people is that I learned my lesson. I have a good conscious that keeps me making the right decisions. I have set high goals for myself to achieve and I need to stay out of trouble to accomplish them. Everyone feels rebellious at times and really wants to do what they know is wrong, but there are definitely things that will help you stay clear of this. A lot of the time if you know what the punishments are you won’t do it. Everyone just needs to think through what they want to do to decide if they really want to go through with it. Having a good conscious will make you feel better after you made the right decision. This normally helps you for the next time you are stuck and don’t know whether or not to do the right thing. Making the right decision isn’t that hard if you think about the punishments of doing something wrong. I find the easiest way to do what is right is to think about your future. How could this bad decision hurt you in the future? What would you think about that bad decision in ten years? Just stay smart and let doing what is right become easy for you.