Ashley - Papillion, Nebraska
Themes: community

It is a Work in Progress

In life, I have developed many personal strengths, and strong characteristics that have helped me in my life. Ever since I started my high school career, I have been extremely involved with school activities and community service projects. I believe in getting involved and being apart of something. I enjoyed being involved in activities. If I were not involved, I would not have developed any social or leadership skills that have helped me so far in my life. One challenge that I have faced is trying to balance all of my activities throughout the week, and do my homework. While being in school activities, I have had a sense of belonging and have found encouragement to set high goals and accomplish my dreams.

Throughout the years, I have found out that I suffered from over involvement, but I try to tell myself that I can do anything I put my mind too. It seemed that sometimes I over booked myself schedule, and I am rushing from event to event. I even found myself driving long distances around town do get to me community service projects. On days like these, I often got tired and exhausted, but at the end of the day, I felt good because I helped another person out and I made a difference in the community. In my eyes, that was the greatest accomplishment that I could have in my life. I enjoyed helping others, and by being involved with activities through my school and the community, I can reach my goals and make a difference.

I thrive on the sense of being over booked and over involved with activities. The challenge sparks a flame inside me, and allows me to express myself. I like to see how far I can push myself to my full potential. I found out that I function better when I have more on my plate then I actually need. The stress helps me to focus and do a great job. While being apart of a group, I can gain knowledge from others and I can develop my personal skills.

I love being in activities and getting involved in the community. They are ways that I can truly express my ideas and put in my personal touch. I would not want to spend my high school days doing anything else.