Thomas - Media, Pennsylvania
Themes: pleasure

“I Believe in Playing Videogames”

I believe in playing videogames. Videogames give me a way to vent my anger, and a place where I do not have to worry about anything from the real world. I can vent my anger while playing videogames, whether it is by yelling through the microphone, or shooting someone in the head with a sniper rifle. Nothing gives me better satisfaction then killing a kid, and then standing over him and saying, “I just pwned you noob”. Another famous quote that I use is, “Go drink some more noob soda you noob!” Some people may say videogames are stupid or a waste of money, but they really aren’t. Videogames are a social event, because I can play with kids from school, and kids from around the world.

I believe no one can ever play too much videogames. For some people they are an escape from the real world, where they do not have to worry about anything. I am one of those people who find videogames as an escape from the real world. When I play videogames I do not have to worry about war, violence, politics, or anything at all. Sometimes I play for hours upon hours just so I do not have to worry about the realities of the real world.

My all-time favorite videogame is Halo 2. It is my favorite game, because I can play with all of my friends over Xbox-live, and at system-link parties. There is definitely nothing better than getting together with a group of friends and having a system link party. When we have a system link party we usually get about 8 people and play verse each other. (Sometimes these parties last for hours)

No one should ever be made fun of for playing videogames, because I don’t let people do it to me. I have been made fun of a lot for playing a lot of videogames, but I do not let this bother me. Even though I play a lot of videogames I still receive good grades in school, and I workout everyday. Whatever people say about how I play video games I don’t care, because videogames are great and everyone should play them at least once in their life.