Rebecca - Lincoln, Nebraska
Themes: love

I believe that Love can get you through any situation. When I was younger I was deathly afraid of needles. So, whenever I had to get a shot my dad would stand beside my chair and let me squeeze his hand. I never noticed the pain when he was by my side. As I grew and my phobia of shot’s dwindled a greater dilemma arose; my dad got sick. He was in the hospital for 10 months before he passed away. It was incredibly painful but before I could blink I was flanked by relatives hugging, crying, and engulfing me with love. It was tough but we all made it through. I moved away, to a whole new world and when that should have frightened me I was taken in by my church family and it quickly became home. Love is an amazing thing, it gives strength when there seems to be none left. I am now in college and once again have uprooted myself away from family and friends. Even here love shows it’s face. A few weeks ago I was very stressed out about bills and financial problems and when I thought I would have to give up and go back home for community college I prayed. Almost immediately God’s love started pouring out.One day I got a large scholarship, the next an anonymous donor, and the kicker an offer to live off campus with some people I barely know. Like I said before love is a powerful thing. It has gotten me through simple things like shot’s to things that I didn’t imagine I could get through. When I think of how many people are out there with the feeling of being unloved, It’s given me the mission of showing love where ever I can. I have always had the love of family and friends through out my life and now it’s my mission to show others that it’s there. That Love still exists. I hope that someday I can give what I’ve been given. I hope that one day I can be love to someone who needs it.