Lauren - Memphis, Tennessee

I believe in support. I believe in a strong foundation. Some people have to grow up without any support, maybe because their family does not know how to give support. But I think that is a hard way to live. Alway having to do everything by yourself. Never having anyone there to praise you for what you have done or just to help you if you need it. My family has always been there for me. They support all of my ideas, good or bad. I think that they understand that, with the bad decisions, I have to learn on my own. Someone telling me that something is not good for me helps sometimes, but when it comes down to it, if I want to do it, I will. That’s when I have to learn by personal experience, but my family is still there to support me if I fall. I have a cousin, that now is grown, who loved to taste everyone’s alcoholic drinks when she was younger. Her mom would let her take a sip from time to time, but not very often. She went off to college and she starts drinking with her friends. Her mom has always told her about the consequences that came with drinking and and how it could make you feel afterwards, but it was something that she had to experience for herself. She didn’t know her limit and she drank a little too much. She gets really sick that night. To this day, she will not drink anything with alcohol in it. The smell itself disgusts her. I believe that you learn best by personal experience. I believe that after you fall, you need that support to lean on until you feel that you are ready to try again.