Jillian - Iola, Wisconsin

Inspirational Music

Music can be inspirational to many people. It’s inspirational to me right now. It’s helping me write this paper. Music helps me work on projects with friends, family or even get things done. Some people may say that’s nonsense, but its true.

Music also allows people to get along with each other. If you’re feeling sad, you can turn on some music from a soundtrack and maybe laugh to it as you remember what happened at that point in the movie. You can also sing with your friends when you’re acting silly and having fun and enjoying yourselves. Many people would say that its stupid to act so silly, but its not, it’s good for you.

If you don’t believe that music puts you in a good mood, here’s an example. A few days ago, I was listening to the song “The Tango: Maureen” from the movie ‘Rent’ and out of nowhere, I call my dog, have him jump up and put his paws on my shoulders. And then we started dancing around the kitchen. It was fun and it felt good to be so happy.

I know this may sound short and it might not make much sense, but I believe that music helps everyone in different ways. Like the song that I’m listening to right now, ‘Daughters’ by John Mayer. I’ll probably remember it for a long time because it’s the second song a good friend and I slow danced to at homecoming this year. I can’t remember the first.

Music helps calm you down, make you happy, or even hyper as can be. All I know is that I love music in all its forms. I mean, I have 602 songs on my computer alone, so what does that tell you.

As Elton John says in his song ‘The Bridge’, “And every one of us has to face that day. Do you cross the bridge or do you fade away? And every one of us that ever came to play. Has to cross the bridge or fade away.” I’m Jillian, and This I Believe.