Courtney - Jonesborough, Tennessee
Themes: children

The purest thing imaginable is the follow-your-heart code of living that children naturally express. I yearn for the days when the truth could be told, life was passionate, and it was safe to live free of inhibitions. If you ask a child their opinion, you had better be able to handle any answer. When asking a child what they want to become, expect anything because children know the secret to happiness.

Happiness is not found behind a desk working life away. Happiness cannot be found at the next big business meeting. Happiness is finding the first four-leaf-clover without anyone’s help. Happiness is the expression of joy plastered on a mother’s face after receiving a fistful of weeds from a proud toddler. True joy is a slumber party with twelve little girls, a baby’s smile, and a puppy’s kiss.

Ignorance is bliss. Telling Grandmother her new haircut makes her look like Big Bird may catch her off guard, but a child cannot reason that this might be offensive. Just think how freeing it would feel to fully express your opinions without restraint. To ardently exclaim beauty whenever you recognize it, and openly state anything you consider wrong as being so.

A child can confidently know, without a doubt, that he is going to become a famous rock star. Any thoughts of obstacles are out the window. Never once does a child consider what can prevent his dream from coming tru. He will only consider what can make it greater. Too young and too free to be discouraged, the world is theirs for the taking. Such a positive attitude is one to be envied.

I don’t want to live like George Bush or Donald Trump. I don’t have dreams of becoming a CEO. I strive to view life as a child would. I want to be able to see people and motives for what they are in their truest form. I believe, more than anyting in never forgetting to take moonlit walks, in playing in the snow, or in making chocolate chip cookies. I belive in striving to become more child-like every day. I believe we have been outsmarted by those younger than us.