candi - gainesville, Florida

This I believe…..I fell in love with a boy that changed my life. He gave me back what drugs and alcohol took away from me. When I was born my father was on the phone with my mother from the jail house. My father is an alcoholic and my mother is addicted to crack. I have lived in foster homes, an orphanage, with other family members and complete strangers. I am now living with my aunt. I am not allowed to have unsupervised visits with my mom and dad. It hurts so bad that I cannot be myself around them anymore. I can’t spend time with them alone until they get help and recovery. It hurts so bad knowing that there is a chance that I might never get to be myself with them again. Even though when I turn eighteen I can do what ever I want. I don’t know what will happen to them between now and then but I know that I love them and that no matter what happens I will always love them. Now that I have the best boyfriend in the world, he puts back the love and security in my heart that my parents can’t provide. He heeled the part of me that was scared and hurt. He will never replace them in my heart but he can give me what they cant right now. He gives me all my emotional needs. He could never heel the whole in my hear that addiction took away from by hijacking my parents me but he can cover up that whole for now. So therefore, I believe true love can heel.