Nancy - Wayne, Michigan

The spirit of Christmas has become so lost. The stores open their doors to take our hard earned money and we willingly hand it over. The majority of us realize in our heart of hearts that Christmas is not about buying gifts for everyone on your list, but about being able to take a step back and appreciate, deeply appreciate, the people around you.

I have come to a point in my life where I am thinking more about what presents I should buy for my children and how it’s all going to look under the tree. I believe that I have forgotten to take the time to reflect on what Christmas is to really to symbolize. What am I teaching my children about this day….

I believe it is time to take this holiday back to the basics and teach my children that Santa is nice and all but the real meaning of Christmas is about more than gifts, taking and giving. It is about human nature and what Jesus did for us and to celebrate our lives, rather than spend our money and put ourselves into debt for toys…

I believe we have let ourselves down in too many areas and we are too willing to be content with that….