Nazanin - Los Angeles, California

I believe in Thanksgiving. I believe in appreciation for having the chance to share. We have potluck at my work every year for thanksgiving. Everybody cooks, bakes, and prepares something related to her /his cultural background. A feast of foods: Chinese, Mexican, Iranian, Polish, Jewish, South African, Korean, Swedish, Arabic, Hungarian, El Salvadorian, Panamanian and American. The potluck is the symbol of our coexistence happily in the United States. It means, we do not care where you born, what you eat, what color is your skin, what you believe in. We can live together, grow together, and enjoy life together deposit of all the differences, just because we learned to look at the differences differently. Everybody tastes the foods from different places. Foods which we did not have tasted before and we appreciate the new tastes. We asked each other about the recipes. We learn to mix integrants which we did not know before, they are mixable.

We believe in the beauty of the differences.