James - Minden, Louisiana

I believe that my wife is the strongest person that I know. Wait, let me explain. I am a soldier and, by the very nature of that job, I inflict upon her hardships and difficulties that no “normal” individual should ever endure. Through times apart, deployments, field excercises, tempory duties, and some of the red tape that comes with being a servicemember, she shines. She shines in times of trial, she shines in pride and in sorrow, she shines in secret through tears and silent smiles. She is a hero, more than I could hope to be. I say that she is, because I chose the life of a soldier, and she chose to marry me in spite of it.

Those of us that serve know that there is no stronger person than the spouse of a servicemember. We go out and fight and die all the while they become both father and mother, brother and sister, son and daughter to all those that we leave behind. My wife is my hero, and this, I believe.