Christy - Plano, Texas

I believe that actions are what count. Words can continue to ramble on, but nothing may be accomplished. There is no credibility until it is seen with the naked eye. However, it’s not simple doing what is said. Like most say, “It’s easier being said than done.”

No one can be perfect and perform all things that come out of the imperfect mouth. But actions are what build up and help construct one and his/her character. If I continue to be only talk and no act, loyalty and trust fade and disintegrate away, and it becomes harder to retain it back.

My basketball coach tells me everyday that she watches the team’s movements and actions because that shows the truth of our skill and determination. That not only applies to sports but also is significantly demonstrated in life from the big to the small deeds that make up our life. Actions can illustrate a picture of our strength of willpower to go forward.

Abigail Adams once states, “We have too many sounding words, and too few actions that correspond with them.” We should show each other and the world what we could accomplish through actions. One can say they care, but usually love and sympathy is felt to the heart by a hug or a gift, the simplest actions. People observe in public, for example in the streets, with their eyes more than their ears. Words can equal nonsense. Actions can result in all the difference in the world.