Chelsea - Cincinnati, Ohio

Laugh, Live, and Love

A goal that has driven my life is to never take anything for granted and always put your heart into what you love. I have always held this true in my grades, sports, relationships, etc. This belief is also very important to me with friendships.

If I’ve learned anything in the short time that I’ve been living, it’s how to be a good friend. Well one day I lost a very good friend of mine for a while, my best friend actually. Nothing happened to him, but something did happen to our friendship.

I had been going out with my ex-boyfriend and he seemed to be very controlling, jealous, etc. He had some possesive issues and one of them was not letting me talk to my guy friends. Well, granted, I had let him have that control over me so i cut-off connections with my guy friends for sometime, but secretly I would still talk to my best friend, Matt.

Over time he began to get fed up with it and stopped talking to me. I tried so many times to try to get my closest friend to compromise with me but he had wanted nothing to do with me. Just like i pretended for my boyfriend that I wanted nothing to do with Matt. A couple months went by and still I tried to convince him to talk to me but nothing happened. A while later, he finally reasoned with me and we talked everything out. I am no longer with my boyfriend and Matt and I are the closest we’ve been in a long time.

That was one of the worst events to ever happen in my life and it truely taught me not to take the things or people that mean the most in my life for granted. Ever since then I’ve never lost anything by my own wrong decision.

Life is something to cherish and I could not be where I am today without the guidance of my family and friends. I always laugh and smile as much as I can. Because I know that if I don’t, it’s a moment of happiness that I will never get back. I always accomplish what I want to do in life because I know that I’ll never have the freedom to do what I wish one day.