Fowler - Claremore, Oklahoma

I believe that you should never judge a book by it’s cover. As cliche as it sounds, i believe its the truth. I know ive done it many times myself, judged someone before i had even talked to them. I believe no one person is any more or less important becuase of the way they dress, wear their hair, or who they hang out with. Our society is all about classifying people into groups by things even as irrelevant to someone’s personality as to where they live or what kind of car they drive. I have found that someone who seems to be your polar opposite could be the person you get along with the best and its just because you decide to take a step outside of your comfort zone that you realize this. When you dont give others a chance, you are judging them. Judging is stereotyping, and stereotyping is ignorance. I know i have stereotyped people before, we all have. You know the ‘shes a cheerleader, she must be self-centered’ or ‘she doesnt wear Abercrombie, she MUST be poor’ or even ‘he wears black, he must hate the world’. Why waste time trying to avoid these people because they aren’t in your clique, when you could be spending your time getting to know the people who are exactly like yourself, but just express themselves a little different? This i believe.