Winthrop - pensacola, Florida
Themes: environment

I believe that the greatest sin in the world, no matter what your belief in god, is to destroy the planet.

We are currently destroying what took millions of years (or 7 days, for certain people) to create in less than 200 years. Any person in any field of science who has seen the evidence has got to agree that, in some form, we are seeing the effects of global warming already. I believe these effects to be drastic.

I also want most urgently to express that there is already a viable solution, the hydrogen combustion engine. So, why haven’t the major car companies released there already designed and tested commercial models?

I think the major problem is that in any capitalist society, growth must continue. In America and most other countries this simply means expansion, where in today’s world economy it should mean the increase in eminence of life and knowledge. But as companies grow to the giants that they are today, regulation becomes difficult. It is up to the citizens of all nations to step in and ensure the proliferation of life. This means demanding tighter regulations for all forms of industry, which will probably promote quality expansion via a competitive market in the end.

These are just my beliefs and conclusions, I could be wrong (after all, I am nothing more than a broke college student trying to save the planet).