Thomas - Willow Springs, Illinois

Music is my life

I believe in music. I believe it is a way to express you deepest most intimate feelings and emotions. To me, music is like my lifeline. Whenever I listen to it, no matter what kind of music it is, I always can hear the mood, the tempo, and the beat. I enjoy music. No matter where I go, or what I’m doing I always have lyrics in my head.

I enjoy playing instruments. It does not matter what kind of instrument. If I can make noise, I find a way to turn it into music. As long as I have a constant beat going through my head, I’m happy. I love it. I love the way a classical orchestra comes together with the violins and the all the other string instruments, and I love the sound of a guitar whether it’s an acoustic or electric, and I love how all the instruments, when put together can tune and they can all play the same note. I think it sounds magnificent.

I also love how listening to music can be so relaxing. Just sitting in your room where it’s nice and quiet and turning up the radio so that it’s as loud as it goes, or when your going to sleep listening to your ipod. You kind of lie there and let the music wash over you, relaxing you from all the stress from that day or from that week. Or sometimes if you’re angry it helps you relax. You just turn it up extremely loud so you drown out the other sounds and voices around you. I think music is a necessary tool for the survival of our lifestyle. As long as there’s a song in my head and a beat in my heart, I will always believe in music.