stefan - LaGrange, Illinois

This I believe

In June of 2009, I graduate from high school. I move on to the better part of life; the freedom of college. And for the first time in my life I will be away from my home for months, or years at a time.

College and my life after will be a blast. Many people don’t know what they want to do with their lives, but I do. In recent months I began thinking where I want to go to college and what to do with my life after. I figured it out. I want to do what I love doing in a place that I love. My future will start when I do what is necessary to go to college at Wisconsin, Lacrosse. There is a place not more than five minutes away from there where I spend parts of my summer and winter at a place I call “The Cottage” and also up the bluff at the farm. I want to study architecture or construction management at Lacrosse and play soccer. My life will be placed near where I spent the better part of summers during my childhood. I will be doing what I love.

I believe in doing everything you can to get what you want in life. My parents have taken me to “The Cottage” for the last 15 years of my life and whether they do or don’t realize it yet they have set me up for taking what I want in life. What my life would be like without the cottage; I don’t know. The important thing is my life turned out the way it did.

Right now and in the last two years of high school will determine if I get what I want. If people are not sure what they want I will tell them “do what you’ve always done and loved doing”. Always take life by the scruff and pull it toward you and do not let others take away what you want.