Stephanie - LaGrange, Illinois

I believe in chaos to be what keeps my life in order and balance.

Ever since I can remember I have lived in chaos. I’ve never kept my room clean, there are clothes and papers all over the floor, I procrastinate until the very last minute, most of my school work is done at mid night the night before the assignment is due, and because I am so disorganized I am constantly forgetting everything which often gets me in a lot of trouble. It’s complicated but living this way has always seemed to work for me.

I believe in disorganization and mess. I could never be like those of those neat freaks who have to have everything just neat and perfect. I like not knowing where things are. I like seeing my room look different everyday because no mess is ever the same.

I believe in procrastination as something that helps keep you on your toes and be more spontaneous. Just because I put things off does not mean that they have ever left my thoughts. And when I have a project that I have to do with minimal time to think about what it is going to look like I get to be spontaneous which to me is so much more fun then planning things out.

I believe in never knowing what I’m doing next weekend. I can’t make dates with people because I don’t know if on that day I will want to do what we planned to do.

I believe in being unprepared. Let life happen as it happens. I never plan ahead. I believe that if you spend your life preparing for the future you miss out on today.

It can be a stressful way to live and an irrational way to live, but it’s the only way I can live, and that I want to live. And I wouldn’t change for anything.