Mimosa - Aulander, North Carolina

Better Than Drugs

Over the years of my existence, I have seen many instances where healing occurs through prayers. Almost everyone prays when faced with a traumatic injury, a debilitating disease; or the numerous challenges of daily living. During the commencement of the summer, I had a great deal of torment with a close friend of mine, I was also in complete denial believing that I was able on my own to find a quick way to solve my problems but in vain. I knew deep down in my heart that God was the only Divine Creator that I could freely open to my martyr for deliverance. In fact I found the remedy by praying proficiently for deliverance. I firmly believed that prayer heals. In many health care settings in Port-au Prince, Haiti, prayer is making a medical come back. Patients, along with their physicians are turning to alternative medicine such as therapies healing from a holistic mind, body and spirit perspective.

The mind-body approaches to medicine have gained increasing acceptance in recent years. Instead of drugs, surgery, and high technology, spiritual healing is the preferred approach to many believers. The day that my first born son was scheduled to take the first part of the CPA exam, I prayed with a candle and I repeated the Rosary three times at noon. My prayers were answered. I am not a religious devotee who attends church services on Sundays. I am a sinner who prays first thing in the morning and at night. Prayers have promoted my health, and discouraged me from unhealthy behaviors. I thank the Almighty for giving me courage, insurmountable strength, happiness and guidance through faith and evidence.