Caileen - LaGrange, Illinois

Everyone Should Have Someone

I believe that everyone should have at least one person to talk to about anything. Communication is a key factor in any relationship, and to have a healthy relationship you should be able to converse about anything. Whenever I have a problem or need help, I always have someone to talk to. I feel bad for the people who have no one there for them in their lives. They must feel so lonely all the time. Venting to my friends and family helps me overcome many of my problems. Even if I do not have problems, just having someone there to listen, is very important. Everyone should be a good listener also. If you want people to listen to you, then you have to listen to them. If I had no one to communicate with I don’t know what I would do. Communication between people is part of a healthy life.

I believe that everyone deserves someone to talk to because there was a point in my life when I did not have that person. My best friend was mad at me for something I did. I told someone something I should not have. I wanted to talk to her so bad, but she wasn’t there to listen. I could have gone to my parents or any of my other friends but I didn’t want to. I had always come to my best friend and now I could not. This was a hard time for me to endure. I felt alone for the first time. I could barely handle it for a couple days; I do not know how people could do it their whole lives. I guess after awhile it becomes easier to not communicate, but that will never be the case for me.

People, who keep their feelings to themselves, are very unfriendly. Once you get to know me I am the opposite of that. From my perspective, if you keep your feelings bottled up, inside you tend to be a more irritated person on the outside. If I had the choice, I would make sure everyone had at least one person to talk to about anything they want.