Sara - Des Moines, Iowa
Themes: integrity

I believe in inner beauty and the fulfillment and contentment it brings. Almost everyone hits a point in his or her lifetime when he or she must have the clothes that everyone is wearing or some other materialistic item that is all the rage. I, too, went through this phase, and luckily I made it out, unlike others. Through experience and the tireless efforts my parents have put forth, I have come to realize that it is not what is on the outside that matters, but rather what is on the inside of each and every individual. What a person is wearing, their physical size, or how much money he or she makes does not matter, but rather what is important is how a person acts and the morals and character each person possesses. Money and physical possessions are never everlasting and will never create eternal happiness. A person’s inner beauty is far more breathtaking than any physical feature that can be found. Inner beauty grows each and every day and will continue to become more attractive over the years, whereas physical beauty ultimately perishes. When a person is genuinely kind and has good morals, he or she will possess the secret code that is needed to live a successful life. People who possess these characteristics will lead meaningful lives and will never feel like they are missing out on something greater. People who possess inner beauty will always know that they lead meaningful lives and took advantage of every opportunity life threw at them along their journey. Inner beauty is a lifelong process that many people will never achieve, but it is definitely worth working toward. A person can’t buy happiness. They can only make it and inner beauty is the key to becoming fulfilled and content with yourself and the life you have lead.