Tiffany - Littleton, Colorado

Dreams

Does hard work actually pay off? I believe it does with the American Dream; Life, Liberty, and the pursuit of happiness, because when there is a will there is a way.

My parents were immigrants from Vietnam after and during the war. They came over to America looking to accomplish their dreams and have a life that they can look back and smile on. People from every way of life came to accomplish the American dream.

My father is a great, hardworking and loving family man. He came over to America when he was about 13. He didn’t know any English and he was not familiar with this new world that was laid out in front of him. I believe he is a man that can overcome anything. He learned how to speak and write English fluently in just a year. He graduated college working many jobs to pay for, got a job, and had a family. He has seen death and sadness in his family but he still came over it. My dad is a strong man; he is the glue that holds this family together. He helps us with life decisions and keeps us close as a family, with my brothers, mother, grandpa, and cousins.

My mother was about 17 when she came over to America. She is a very hardworking person and has a will do anything. My mom has gone through a lot to get to America and accomplished her American dream. She learned how to speak English and got a great job. My mom pushes me to do great things; things I thought were impossible. She wants me to do well in life and to accomplish all my dreams.

The dream to finish high school with high honors, to finish college and get a job that I love, and to run a successful business; those are my dreams, not my parents, not anyone else’s, but my own dreams. That is the kind of dream my parents know I can do with hard work and a will to do good, so that I can look back on my life and smile just like them. This dream is a dream that my parents have accomplished and a dream that I want to accomplish also. The American Dream.