Jaime - San Marcos, Texas

I Believe that literature is the master key to success, and that all should be influenced to use this key daily.

Literature is like a glorious scar that I am proud to have and show and one that I cant get rid of. Since I was eleven I read as a hobby. Trying to go through the “looking glass” of life I try to read as much as I possibly can. Checking books of my list as I go through the “looking glass”. My grades have improved in school because of books such as, J.K. Rowling’s Harry Potter series, J.R.R Tolken’s Lord of the Ring series, and all the Stephen King books I have read to this point. The stories and authors have inspired me to start to write as well. I look in a book and don’t just see words and sentences. I see these words and sentences come to life like a movie with more detail.

I remember in my younger years I absolutely hated to read. I could not read and see meaning like I do now. When I was about eight years old I decided to give reading another shot. I read R.L. Stein’s “ Attack of the Mutant”. I liked it so much I read the whole Goosebump series. I am now sixteen and loving most of the books I am reading now.

Stephen King. A huge influence on how I read and look at different angles with different point of views. He will always be a great influence to me. He has shown me a world that only dreams could show me. I am currently writing a book, because of Stephen King’s, “The Shining” and “ ‘Salem’s Lot”. Or trying to write a book!

Reading builds my understandment of things. It has improved my vocabulary. It has also helped me understand that I will go further in life’s obstacle course. I understand, because of literature, that I will work harder, and, do more with my life. Having literature I understand that I will get a better job, and the better I become at the job the further up life’s ladder of task and hard work will pay off.

Literature, the master key to success in life, can help you open doors to worlds and even universes! The master key to success is in your hand, it is up to you to use it.