Paul - Clifton Park, New York
Age Group: 65+

I am a “child of this universe”! The awareness I achieve by using my natural inquisitiveness and critical learning and thinking skills is the most precious unique aspect of being human. We humans seem to be “the eyeballs for the universe”!

This unique capacity arose from evolution by natural selection. That is, our brains are the most advanced example of properties that arise from the hierarchical organization of matter, in systems we term ‘living’.

Supernatural doctrinaire notions of the world — creations of Man, involving devils and deities — pale by comparison to the comfortable sense of belonging to an all-inclusive natural world community– one without artificial destructively divisive ‘we and they’ divisions among religious faiths.

In this post-Enlightenment scientific era, can anyone truely justify not striving to understand the wonders of the universe, in a literal once-in-a-lifetime opportunity?