Amanda - Phoenix, Arizona
Themes: family, gratitude

An event that has shaped my beliefs is when my mother died. On August 26th, 1996 I came home from school to learn my mother had died that day. Now don’t go feeling all-sorry. She may have been my birth mother but she was not my mom. She neglected my sister and me. Anyway on to my belief, I have a belief that every thing happens for a reason. If my mother had not died I would not have had my step mom adopt my sister and me. My mom is the best mom in the world. My sister and me were born to be with her, even if it took six years to get to her.

This is also true for other issues in my life. I recently went on a date with a boy I had some feelings for. I wanted to get to know him more so we went to a movie. I then found out during the date that I could never see myself with him. Good thing I went out on the date.

Another example would be when my Dad met my crush’s dad. Now it happened a few days ago so I still don’t know why it happened but there is always a chance of going over to my crush’s house because our dads know each other.

As you may be able to see everything does happen for a reason. If you don’t believe this may be my story will inspire you to reconsider.