Walt - Birmingham, Alabama
Themes: nature

Mother Nature Knows Best

After 18 years of living I have found one thing that seems to always be at peace with everything that surrounds it. I believe in nature.

As with everyone else who has walked this earth for 18 years or more, I have encountered many struggles that never seemed to be resolved and questions that seem to remain forever unanswered. I have also been able to experience many of the triumphs and joys life can bring. Regardless of how great the triumph or tragic the sorrow, I believe nature always has a way of putting things into perspective. There is so much to be learned from the beautiful interaction and interdependence that exists between the animals and the land to which they belong. The humbling scene of a magnificent grizzly bear relying upon something as minuscule as a small trout serves us as a constant reminder of how reliant we are upon even the smallest factors of life.

When a man goes “soul searching,” where does he look? Not politics, lives of celebrities, or material possessions. He goes out into nature. I believe nature holds the basics of life and breaks them down into their simplest form so they can easily be observed. Therefore, I believe that in this world constantly becoming more advanced and extreme in its thoughts and actions, it is a necessity for one to occasionally return to nature for a thorough reminder of where exactly we come from and what is most important.